About

So this is the part where it gets awkward and I introduce myself...
In fact, I think this time, I'd save both of us from that situation and entertain you with an interesting fact...

If you sit at perfect 90 degrees when you're sinking in quick sand, you will not sink.

I know, great fact to know, especially when you're sinking in quick sand,right?!

Lost?

If you're here, you're probably lost or confused, or both. And wanting out...

Cynthia & Yu Yan
Helen
Jessica
Jenny & Theresa
Karen & Wendy
Sarah
Thomas & Vincent

Date / Time : Friday, June 26, 2009 / 6:39 AM
"Just beat it." - Michael Jackson

This is not a positive post. It centres around death and mourning, and then when you think things are getting a bit better, there will be more death and sadness.

It saddens me a tiny bit to realise that when someone dies, you start to appreciate them. Michael Jackson was announced "may or may not be dead", and the radio started playing Beat It. In my mother's words: he's not even cold yet, and they're starting their celebrations already!! So my mother may have missed the point here...

But later in the day, he was confirmed dead.

I start youtubing his videos. The last time I did thiswas over six months ago. And according to twitter, I wasn't the only one youtubing Michael Jackson performances and whatnot.

Don't you see? You start to truly appreciate someone when they're no longer there. You start spinning your old Michael Jackson records (metaphorically for Youtube/Limewire, of course. I mean - records??, what are we? 1978?!) now. People start to rewatch/watch Heath Ledger movies when he died. Or in my Aunty's case - learns from her Vietnamese radio whatever that a very famous person had just died, comes over to our house to cry, learns from someone in my family who Heath Ledger actually was, then starts crying even more. Yes, I do realise that radical thinking and acceptable standard of sanity is not commonplace in my family, here. And yes, it may or may not be genetic. So what was I talking about?

I'm not even half way through half my modern history assessment yet, and am last minuting it on Sunday now, it seems. Oh, and speaking of Pope John Paul II, he is also dead.

And yes, I am starting to realise what a great man he was (I'm neither religious nor Christian).

See?? Hmm...